Alphabet Soup with A Book a Day
You are invited to join A Book a Day, our staff, partners, and friends, for a fundraiser to support our work promoting educational equity in Philadelphia and beyond.
As Back to School season begins and the air becomes colder, there’s nothing better than gathering as a community around good food, live music, and local children’s authors. We’re excited to center our children and celebrate with our friends at “Alphabet Soup with A Book a Day.”
At our 2023 fundraiser, we’ll reflect on all the work we’ve done in the past year and look forward to supporting new projects for West Philadelphia’s childhood literacy efforts.
Join us for:
- A book reading and signing with Thembi Palmer and Kat Yeh
- A performance from Ants on a Log
- A silent auction with unique items and gifts from West Philadelphia-based businesses
- A kid’s crafting workshop
- Buying books (including a first-edition book signed by Jerry Pinkney) and exclusive A Book a Day-branded merch
- Celebrating our new typeface (featured all around this newsletter!)
- Meeting new people in the community
- Child-friendly activities
- A secret project… find out what it is at our fundraiser!
Kids of all ages are welcome! Little people are encouraged to attend — we look forward to seeing you and them.
Can’t make the event but want to support our programs?: https://abookadayprogram.com/support-us/donate/
Have a question? Please email us at: email@example.com